Terrorist (Alien Rank)
A Terrorist is not in the normal hierarchy of Alien Ranks, and only present on large UFOs, and at Alien Bases. Their role is to provide combat support and strike terror into the hearts of civilians that witness their sometimes devestating attacks.
Unlike most Alien Ranks the Terrorists are not of the same race as that performing the mission in question, so they usually differ quite radically in combat abilities from their controllers. Some are fairly simple to deal with, and others are very dangerous indeed.
- Reaper - Accompanies Floaters and only can attack with melee
- Chryssalid - Dangerous enemy that accompanies Snakemen and can make zombies to reproduce
- Silacoid - Found with Mutons and not particularly dangerous
- Celatid - Somewhat dangerous opponent also found with Mutons
- Sectopod - Powerful robotic foe that can accompany Ethereals
- Cyberdisc - Dangerous weapons system found with Sectoids with a laser and self destruct system
Terror From the Deep
Terrorists in TFTD share the same general characteristics with those in EU. However, there are several important differences:
- Some Terrorists are important to X-Com research. Researching any live terrorist will unlock the M.C. Lab research topic. Both a living and dead Deep One are absoultely essential for researching improved armor technology (which is in turn required for advanced sub construction). Finally, a Calcinite corpse is needed in order to research melee weapons such as the Vibro Blade.
- Terrorists may be shared between races. This is particularly true for Mixed Crew missions.
- Each race has at least two associated terrorist species, one of which will be used underwater, the other on land (i.e. Terror Missions and attacks on X-Com bases).
|Alien Sub Type||Beg./Exp.||Vet./Gen.||Super.|
|Fleet Supply Cruiser||0||0||0|
|Alien Colony part 1||6-10||9-13||13-17|
|Alien Colony part 2||4||6||9|
|Artefact Site part 1||3-13 (0-11)||5-15 (0-10)||7-17 (0-7)|
|Artefact Site part 2||3-13||5-15||7-17 (2-17)|
- Since there is a limit on the number of units the game will spawn in a given mission, on higher difficulties, part 1 of Alien Colonies may have slightly fewer Hallucinoids if X-COM brings Leviathan full of Aquanauts to the mission.
- In the case of Artefact Sites, the numbers in italics are the amount of aliens the game attempts to spawn. However, since maps are rather short on alien spawn points, the number of aliens that can actually appear is indicated in brackets.
TFTD Terrorist types
- Calcinite: Accompanies Aquatoids and Mixed Crew missions on land. Powerful melee attack, no ranged weapon.
- Hallucinoid: Accompanies Aquatoids and Mixed Crews underwater (including Alien Colonies and Artefact Sites). Melee attack, no ranged weapon. Can "fly". Low threat.
- Deep One: Accompanies Gillmen on land. Found underwater at T'leth. Weak alien, but has strong mortar-type weapon that cannot be recovered by X-Com.
- Xarquid: Accompanies Gillmen underwater, and Mixed Crews on land. Tough, "flying" alien armed with sniper-type weapon.
- Triscene: Accompanies Mixed Crew missions on land. Tough as a tank, capable of powerful melee and ranged attacks.
- Bio Drone: Accompanies Tasoths, Lobster Men, and Mixed Crews on land. Basically a miniature Cyberdisc. Very dangerous.
- Tentaculat: Accompanies Tasoths, Lobster Men and Mixed Crews underwater (including Alien Colonies and Artefact Sites). Basically a flying Chryssalid. Very dangerous.