Functionally identical to the Cyberdiscs of the First Alien War, except miniturised for indoor-use, Bio Drones are terribly dangerous.
The usual Cyberdisc warnings apply here:
- Use anything other than a Melee weapon against it will cause an explosion big enough to kill creatures nearby... aliens, civilians, or your Aquanauts.
- Though it has a front and back, and technically possible to sneak up upon it unnoticed, it is physically impossible to tell which way it is facing because of planer symmetry.
- When possible, double-team against a Bio-Drone. Have an aquanaut draw fire, while another sneaks up behind it with a Melee weapon.
- Bio-Drones leave scorch marks on the ground (and sometimes set fire to it) if they are moving around above sealevel much like the Silacoid.
Each Bio-Drone is armed with a powerful auditory disruptor, part machine and part organism. Some of our scientists have suggested that the weapon is driven by the host organisms original vocal cords. Highly accurate and tenacious these super guard dogs are widely used by the aliens to protect valuable assets.
The hypothesis that the auditory disruptor is a biological device are true. This unfortunate creature literally screams its enemies to death. Every example has massive surgical trauma scars and is severely mutilated. The aliens appear to butcher the brain into obedience.
Most of the brains used in the creatures are alien in origin, but nothing can compare to the horror of finding a human based unit. The Bio-Drones are powered by an ION engine and incorporate some form of remote control system.
The following are some miscellaneous notes on the Bio-Drone:
- The Bio-Drone takes 0.6x damage from Incendiary attacks and explosives, 0.7x damage from Gauss weapons and 0.9x damage from Stun and Sonic weapons, but also takes 1.45x damage from melee attacks.
- Very high Firing Accuracy.
- Very high Strength
- Very high Health.
- Very high speed (lots of TUs).
- Very high Energy.
- Very low Reactions.
- High Bravery and M.C. Strength, which make them resistant to M.C. attacks.
The Bio-Drone has two forms of attack: it's ranged disruptor weapon and a close quarters melee attack which requires 15 TU. However, it's base Melee Accuracy is 0% which makes it difficult (though not totally impossible) for damage to occur. When it does though, damage is 145 average or 0-290.
|Terror From The Deep|
|Aliens||Aquatoid • Gillman • Lobster Man • Tasoth • Mixed Crew|
|Terror Units||Bio-Drone • Calcinite • Deep One • Hallucinoid • Tentaculat • Zombie • Triscene • Xarquid|
|Data||TFTD Alien Stats • Alien Rank • TFTD Damage Modifiers • TFTD Alien Appearance Ratios • SWS/Terror Unit Innate Weapons|