Hyperwave Relay (EU2012)
Alien communications rely on a supra-dimensional wave which travels almost instantaneously. This relay should allow us to trace the source of these communications.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)
- The Hyperwave Relay, like the Hyperwave Decoder/Transmission Resolver from previous games, is an intelligence facility that reveals details of enemy craft.
- Unlike the advanced detection devices from previous games, it is not a replacement for your previous infrastructure. Keep those satellites running, Commander.
- The Relay, once it is constructed, will reveal the mission profile and crew size of a target UFO. It will also show you which alien races are present.
- However, if more than 7 types of aliens are present on the craft then it will not show them, leaving you with some unexpected surprises.
- The Hyperwave Relay is also required to locate the invisible Overseer UFO, a task necessary to continue the storyline. It will do so anywhere between a few hours and a few weeks after construction.
- Once constructed, it cannot be torn down: as a permanent structure, put it somewhere where it's not going to block any adjacency bonuses you may want.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012): Base Facilities|
|Headquarters:||Mission Control • Hangar • Engineering • Research • Barracks • Situation Room|