Crashed UFO (EU2012)
|Mission Mission Brief & Objectives|
XCOM Interceptors have splashed a UFO. Intel indicates some surviving crew. Exercise caution when engaging the enemy; the craft may contain usable salvage.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)
|Mission Mission Brief & Objectives (EW DLC)|
XCOM Interceptors have splashed a UFO. Intel indicates some surviving crew. Meld energy signature readings are positive. Exercise caution when engaging the enemy; the craft may contain usable salvage.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Within DLC
A UFO crash site occurs when your Interceptor or Firestorm successfully shoots down a UFO. There are 6 different UFO types: Small Scout, Large Scout, Abductor, Supply Barge and the Battleship and the Overseer UFO, which only appears on the Storyline mission. A Skyranger is sent immediately after downing the UFO. The battlescape is usually set at night in a remote area (there are usually no buildings involved).
Crashed UFOs Map List
- The aliens are usually not too far from the actual crash site but they will be expecting you since you shot them down. You may encounter aliens as close as your first move when you step away from the Skyranger. You'll encounter any alien type in a crash site battle. Once the UFO is found, you will notice substantial damage. This damage is reduced once you start using EMP Cannon on your aircraft. Aliens are almost always found closely guarding the UFO and it is almost guaranteed that you will found Aliens somewhere in the UFO, including the current commander type aliens (at the start of the game Outsiders)
- Be careful not to use explosives inside the UFO so you do not damage artifacts that bring big bucks on the Gray Market or can be used for constructing your own weapons.
- Once the Hyperwave Relay is active, you are told the number and composition of the aliens that will be present.
- After shooting down your first UFO, there is a cutscene: checking the coordinates shown gives the location of 2k Game's Corporate Headquaters in California.
- A hint for any UFO raid, landed or shot down: if during Alien Activity, you do not hear any of the usual calls of the aliens, then that means that only the Command squad remains; usually on the ship's bridge. Feel free to move out of cover, and make your way to the craft's interior.
- After you shot down the UFO you can ignore the crashed site without any score loss or panic raise in case you want to speed the game or avoid tough fights.