- For the original UFO: Enemy Unknown (1994) version, see Sectoid
- For the version that appears in The Bureau, see Sectoid (Bureau)
The Sectoids are a small, grey alien race. Every Sectoid is a perfect genetic copy but some are chosen to command the pack with deadly psionic abilities. They are augmented with cybernetic implants to support their frail physiques in combat situations. They are usually the first alien species encountered in combat by XCOM's ground forces. Sectoids can be found throughout the entire campaign, although they'll appear less and less as more advanced alien races are deployed.
Sectoids are physically feeble. However, these little grey aliens are proficient in the use of deadly psionic powers to merge minds with their brethren and improve their health, accuracy and critical chance.
Their tactics will change according to their numbers: while a lone Sectoid will usually retreat when outnumbered and prefer instead to conduct Overwatch ambushes, they'll also press forward and try to outflank your soldiers when several of them are active.
You may want to keep a stock of their corpses on hand, as they are used for the useful one-use-each Targeting Boost module for your Interceptors.
|Weapon||Base Damage||Critical Damage||Critical Chance||Abilities|
|Sectoid Plasma Pistol||2-4||4 or 6||0||Unlimited ammo|
- Mind Merge also functions as a Sectoid Medikit since any injured Sectoids receiving Mind Merge will heal +1 HP on the next turn.
- If the Sectoid performing Mind Merge is killed, the other Sectoid will also be killed.
- On the Enemy Within DLC, Sectoids can also Mind Merge with Mechtoids giving them a 6 HP shield that reduces all incoming damage by 50%. If the Sectoid is killed, the Mechtoid's shield will be deactivated and it will receive 3 damage points.
- If killed during a successful mission a Sectoid Corpse will be recovered.
- After finishing Sectoid Autopsy research, their corpses can be used to create Uplink Targeting modules to be used by interceptor craft.
- If captured during a mission and interrogated afterwards they will provide a reduction in the time required to research Weapon Fragments and all laser projects.
- Capturing a Sectoid will also recover intact its Plasma Pistol, which can be used later by your troops after it's researched.
- When completing the Laser Rifle research, a cutscene is shown with a test of the rifle on a large printout of the 1994 UFOpaedia Sectoid graphic.
- An image of the original game's Sectoid can also be seen on the arcade game present on the Bar map.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012): Aliens|
|Aliens:||Sectoid • Floater • Thin Man • Outsider • Muton • Chryssalid • Zombie • Sectoid Commander • Cyberdisc • Heavy Floater • Berserker • Sectopod • Drone • Muton Elite • Ethereal • Uber Ethereal (*Spoilers*) • Mechtoid (EW DLC) • Seeker (EW DLC)|
|Alien Corpses:||Sectoid Corpse • Floater Corpse • Thin Man Corpse • Muton Corpse • Chryssalid Corpse • Drone Wreck • Cyberdisc Wreck • Sectoid Commander Corpse • Heavy Floater Corpse • Berserker Corpse • Muton Elite Corpse • Sectopod Wreck • Ethereal Corpse • Seeker Wreck (EW DLC) • Mechtoid Core (EW DLC)|
|Data:||Overview of Aliens • Alien Stats • Alien Objectives • Alien Deployment|