Alien Alloys (EU2012)
|Project Looking Glass Results|
Our understanding of the alien materials is limited at best, and we could spend years deciphering the complex manufacturing processes required to produce and manipulate these substances. However, we have managed to crudely adapt some of the observed techniques into our own research. Our first development, a multi-walled carbon nanotube weave, was modeled after an unusual pattern mirrored in several of the alien materials. This new configuration has proven to possess a greater tensile strength than any material previously recorded in known science. Adapting this fiber into an armor reinforcing vest will surely afford our soldiers increased protection on the battlefield.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012) Research Archives
|Grey Market Description|
While extremely light, these alloys are also incredibly durable, far exceeding the strength of any substance currently available to us. As this material does not occur naturally on Earth, recovering it from the aliens is our only means of acquiring more.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)
- Alien Alloys (or Alien Materials) are a general term for the advanced and extremely sophisticated materials that are present in almost all alien technology.
- Unlike the original X-COM, Alien Alloys in Enemy Unknown (2012) cannot be manufactured, only recovered.
- Can be sold on the Gray Market for §2 per unit.
- Think carefully before selling alloys: they are only acquired through recovery of UFOs, both damaged and undamaged, and you never know when your next detection will occur.
- Because nearly all advanced manufacturing and research projects require some quantity of alloys, it is recommended that you keep a stockpile and carefully manage it in anticipation of your future requirements.
- Research benefits from the following Research Credits: Basic Armor Technology, Armor Technology.