Meld Recombination (EU2012)
This amazing material's most salient feature is its versatility. In early testing, we were able to devise several methods that allow for direction manipulation of the Meld substance and its physiochemical properties. While searching our records for any references to a material with similar properties, I uncovered a number of redacted data stores created in the 1960s, but much of that information appears to be lost. In any case, the advances we've made should allow for a wide range of applications in the fields of genetic modification and cybernetic enhancement, although we will need to build dedicated facilities to enable these potential research pathways. It is probable that the invaders are most familiar with Meld than we are, and may already be fielding combat elements that take full advantage of its capabilities.
- Completed research allows construction of new base facilities: Cybernetics Lab and Genetics Lab.
- Research also unlocks the Hyper-Reactive Pupils, Adaptive Bone Marrow and Depth Perception Gene Mods.
- It also allows for manufacturing of MEC-1 Warden.
- Finishing the project also grants 40 Meld units for further usage.
- The mention to "redacted/lost '60 data stores" is in reference to The Bureau, most likely to the 'Sleepwalker' pathogen that is one of the primary motivators of those events: the disease has psychological and physiological effects, and one scene suggests it can be used to transform humans into psudo-alien hybrids, much like Meld does.