MEC-3 Paladin (EU2012)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Source: XCOM: Enemy Within DLC
- The Expanded Storage MEC Trooper ability increases the number of Prox Mines carried by 2, for a total of 5.
- Tossing a Proximity Mine through a UFO's door will open it.
- Other Area of Effect attacks will cause the mines to go off in a sympathetic explosion, giving you a nice combo.
- Possible game-crashing glitch if sky dropped enemies land on one.
- Fixed as of the December 2 patch.
- Electro Pulse will stun AND damage robotic units despite not being worded as such. Pulse does 5 damage to both organic and robotic units.
- Electro Pulse will do full damage to Mind Merged Mechtoids and Sectopods, despite the 50% damage reduction.
- Electro Pulse is a great way to kill off any remaining aliens that are being Mind Controlled. Since Electro Pulse is not considered an explosive, you will be able to recover intact weapons as well (just as if the Mind Controlled a alien was killed by its former comrades)!
- Good tactic if you still need Plasma weaponry is to Mind Control an alien pod, soften them up to 5HP (using Collateral Damage, grenades if alien has them like Mutons) and corral them around MEC Trooper for a reverse piñata!
- Make sure to use Electro Pulse to finish them off as Collateral Damage will only break weapons into fragments!