Alien Artifacts (EU2012)
List of Artifacts
UFO/Alien Base/Corpses Salvage
|UFO/Alien Base||Elerium1||Crashed Min||Crashed Max||Alien Alloys2||Crashed Min||Crashed Max||Alien Food||Alien Stasis Tank||UFO Nav Computer||Alien Surgery||UFO Power Source|
| 1 25 Elerium per Power Source. On Easy Difficulty mode, recovered Elerium increased by 20%. Elerium on Crashed UFOs can vary between 50% and 75% of total value|
2 On Easy Difficulty mode, recovered Alloys are increased by 25% and in a Crashed UFO they vary between 50% and 90%.
3 Plus 2 Fusion Cores. Also, capturing the intact Battleship during Slingshot's Gangplank mission gives an additional 200 Elerium and 500 Alloys.
4 Plus 1 Ethereal Device.
5 Plus 1 Hyperwave Beacon and 1 Alien Entertainment.~
Source: XComStrategyGame.upk, XGStrategy/DetermineCrashLoot and XGItemTree/DetermineShipSalvage functions
The larger components of UFOs also have defined percentages for surviving a crash:
- UFO Power Source - 33%
- UFO Flight Computer - 50%
- Alien Surgery, Stasis Tank and Food - 25%
- Ethereal Device - 100%
- If a EMP Cannon is used to bring down the UFO, the salvage percentages above, including those of Elerium and Alloys, are all increased to 100%.
It is also possible to recover amounts of Alien Alloys, Elerium and Meld from the corpses/wrecks of certain aliens:
|Heavy Floater Corpse||4||2||5|
- Weapon Fragments, Alloys, and Elerium are used to manufacture most items in the game. This is why their resale value is so low and why obtaining a precise number required for each project is so difficult - the base requirements are listed but they can vary due to variances in the number of engineers, workshops, etc. Unless you are seriously strapped for cash, try selling something else instead.
- Second Wave's Marathon doubles the requirements for everything.
- The Enemy Within DLC adds 3 new artifacts: Meld, Mechtoid Core and Seeker Wreck. Of those, Meld can never be sold at the Grey Market.
- "Elevator Beam" - found mainly on Battleships, these odd floor-bound pod pairs quickly and safely raise and drop the user between their repesctive levels. Standing on a pod prevents their use, and can keep an alien on a lower floor, giving you a well-defended position.
- Abduction Pod - seen functioning in the opening cinematic, they release some kind of coagulating snare substance, cocooning humans for capture. Despite the many you'll encounter, they give no alloy resources for XCOM.
- Syringe - sometimes when awakening a Thin Man squad, one can be seen wielding some kind of needle, often embedded in a cocooned human, obviously taking blood/tissue samples.
- EXALT Syringe - if you attempt to stun an EXALT operative with the Arc Thrower, they will commit suicide via a self-induced lethal injection to the jugular. It appears to be a normal human-manufactured syringe; but the contents, which cause explosive hemorrhaging in a second, are unknown.
- Plasma Bomb & Nodes - You'd think you'd get some Elerium from a plasma device that can wipe out a small town.
- "Holodoor" - apparently some kind of hard light construct, or possibly a Plasma Window, these alien doors can apparently seal a UFO with sufficient protection from the hard vacuum of space, to high-speed maneuvers in Earth's atmosphere, and the regular transit between the two. However; shooting through the door, or poking it with a finger, seems to be enough to pop them.